- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Posted on 04-13-2017
How Does Massage Help With Pain Relief?
Massage therapy is an important part of the chiropractic care offered at Houma-Thibodaux Spine & Rehabilitation. For patients suffering from muscle tension and muscle strain, injury and chronic conditions, massage therapy offers long-lasting relief.
How Massage Therapy in Houma and Thibodaux Can Help with Pain Relief
There are many ways that massage therapy in Houma and Thibodaux can help with pain relief, including:
- Improved blood flow. Massage therapy helps improve circulation and deliver oxygen to injured parts of the body. This helps the body to heal quickly and with less pain for the patient.
- Reduced stress and anxiety. Stress contributes to muscle tension, which can lead to headaches, backaches, and other painful conditions. Massage therapy can help reduce muscle tension, preventing painful muscles and tension headaches.
- Reduced inflammation. Massage therapy can reduce inflammation in an injured area. Since inflammation contributes to muscle tightness and contributes to patient pain, massage therapy can reduce pain by preventing inflammation.
- Improved flexibility and muscle tightness. Tight muscles can be painful and difficult to move. Massage therapy can improve flexibility by making muscles looser and less painful.
Seeing a chiropractor regularly for massage therapy and spinal adjustment can help patients experience less pain. In this way, massage therapy helps patients stay active and strong, and enjoy an improved quality of life.
Conditions Treated Using Massage Therapy
Combined with spinal adjustment, stretches and exercises and lifestyle advice, massage therapy is effective for treating a variety of musculoskeletal conditions, chronic conditions, and injuries. Some of the conditions we treat with Houma massage therapy include:
- Personal injury
- Auto accident injury
- Sports injury
- Back pain
- Neck pain
Are You Seeking Massage Therapy in Houma or Thibodaux?
Are you seeking massage therapy in Houma or Thibodaux? Do you experience muscle pain after exercising, doing household chores or sitting for long periods of time? The chiropractors at Houma-Thibodaux Spine & Rehabilitation can help. To make an appointment for massage therapy and all natural chiropractic care, contact us today at 985-873-8586. We look forward to meeting with you!
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.