- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Alleviate Your Arthritis Pain With Help From Our Houma & Thibodaux Chiropractor Team
Did you realize there are over 100 different types of arthritis (joint inflammation)? At Houma-Thibodaux Spine & Rehabilitation, our chiropractor staff has helped people of all ages and backgrounds achieve natural relief from some of the most common signs and symptoms of this broad condition.
Common Causes & Symptoms of Arthritis
Arthritis means "joint inflammation." Some of the most common types include:
- Osteoarthritis: progressive degeneration of the cartilage lining the inside of most joints; this can also result in painful bone on bone rubbing and compensatory bony overgrowths
- Gout: joint inflammation caused by the deposit of uric acid crystals inside joints (often in the big toe, elbow, or knee); uric acid is a by-product of the metabolic process required to break down purines, an organic compound found in certain types foods
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: chronic joint inflammation caused by an autoimmune disorder in which the immune system mistakes attacks joint tissue as a "foreign invader" and subsequently attacks it
People with arthritis often complain of stiff, sore, and achy joints. Their joints may become red, warm, and tender to touch. They may also appear deformed and have a severe range of motion restrictions, misalignments, or instability. Surrounding muscles may become weakened, fatigue, and tense, either due to disuse or overcompensation for the unstable joint.
What's causing these conditions? Many factors may be at play, including genetics, a history of injury or infection at the affected joint(s), "wear and tear" associated with overuse and repetitive movements, aging, and the presence of other conditions (like obesity and diabetes) which stress the joints and promote inflammation.
How is Arthritis Diagnosed?
Accurate diagnosis of arthritis is essential for guiding treatment. To diagnose arthritis at our clinic:
- We may use X-ray imaging to help us "see" the inside of your joint(s)
- We use special physical tests to look at the strength and movement of your joints and evaluate your pain level
- We run through a thorough interview to assess your personal and family history
How a Chiropractor in Houma and Thibodaux Can Manage Your Arthritis
A chiropractor is a great resource for help in managing your arthritis pain! Our drug-free services include:
- Dry needling for pain relief and connective tissue relaxation
- Chiropractic adjustments to stimulate natural pain relief and maximize joint space and alignment
- Corrective exercises to improve the strength and range of motion of affected joints
- Nutritional counseling to facilitate faster healing and anti-inflammation
Joints Achy & Stiff? For Drug-Free Relief from Your Arthritis Pain Contact Our Chiropractor Team at Houma-Thibodaux Spine & Rehabilitation
To schedule a FREE consultation with a chiropractor at our Houma location, call 985-873-8586. For our Thibodaux location, call 985-447-2225