Lower Back Pain Treatment
Across the world, low back pain is the leading cause of disability, and back pain overall is among the biggest reasons why people miss work. It's also a major reason why people seek chiropractic treatment.
Common Causes of Lower Back Pain
There are many reasons why a person might experience lower back pain.
Some of these are from lifestyle issues, such as
- Poor posture,
- Excess weight or
- Not having the right back support at work.
- Wear and Tear
- Aging Process
Others experience lower back pain because of a specific injury, such as a
- Sports injury
- A fall or
- Another type of accident, such as a car accident
For some others, pain settles in their back due to another medical condition, such as arthritis or kidney problems. If there are severe abdominal pains accompanying your back pain, or the pain is severe, it is best to seek immediate care to determine if more complex medical treatments needed.
Defining Lower Back Pain Symptoms
Not all lower back pain feels the same way, and the nature of the pain you feel can provide clues for your chiropractor as they determine the cause of your pain as well as the best course of treatment. Here are some typical symptoms
- Dull pain in lower back - a dull rather than sharp or stinging, and is accompanied by muscle spasms which may limit mobility
- Traveling pain that moves from the lower back into the buttocks, legs and feet, it is often a tingling sensation caused by damage or irritation to the sciatic nerve
- Pain the worsens when seated, and feels better when stretched may be caused by a pinched nerve
- Pain that is relieved when moving into another position, is often a sign of spinal stenosis
Diagnosing and Treating Lower Back Pain
When lower back pain is experienced, our chiropractors at Houma-Thibodaux Spine & Rehabilitation take great care to learn the source of the pain in order to provide the best possible treatment. By asking questions about your medical history and lifestyle, as well as conducting other diagnostic tests as part of our evaluation we can usually conclude what the source of the pain is, and will come up with a strategy to work with you to strengthen your muscles and joints to speed your recovery and limit pain from recurring in the future as much as possible. We may also recommend dietary changes, including supplements and other choices that will help rebuild your back.
Call Us Today!
At Houma- Thibodaux Spine and Rehabilitation we operate in two convenient locations in Houma, LA as well as Thibodaux, LA To learn more about what we can do to help your lower back pain, contact us at 985-873-8586 at our Houma LA or at Thibodaux, LA. at 985-447-2225 to schedule an appointment.